Thursday, January 3, 2013

Reader's Q & A

Hi all, I've decided to start posting responses to my readers questions on the blog,.I'll share with you my expertise on a wide range of subjects and try to the best of my ability to respond to your questions. So here is the first one that come from my British sister and bff Holly:

"Ok, put me on a strict diet! What do I need to eat, breakfast, lunch and dinner. X"

First of all, I want to thank you for asking me this question while I am very busy in France stuffing my face with cheese, bread and pate! I don't feel self conscious at all! And even if my last meal alone had enough calories to feed an entire family for a whole week, I will keep my cool and simply avoid jeans and anything with buttons and zippers at all cost. Thank God, for pregnant lady pants for us non-pregnant women! 
Muffin top? Whatch-ya-talking-about? I will get back on track as soon as I leave the land of bakeries on every corner! Promised!
Without further delays, here is the diet SOS after the holiday marathon (I know, I know, I won't tell anybody you had 30 eggnogs and 25 candy canes between mint and cherry):

1. Cut on carbs:



You are bloated. You have to take drastic measures for at least a couple of days. The easiest way to de-bloat yourself is to cut every single carb from your diet immediately. Forget the bread, pasta, potato or sugary foods for the next few days.
Please keep in mind, this is not supposed to be permanent. Carbs are a important part of your diet and should be reintegrated back at least for breakfast once the de-bloating process is complete (for me, it takes about a week depending on the size of the diet damage).

2. Drink water:



Dehydration can make you hungry! Or at least make you think you are hungry. If your stomach starts to tick drink a large glass of water before eating anything, it may be that you are just thirty.

3. Eat healthy foods:



Your body need nutrition, so everything that you eat should supply you with the maximum amount of vitamins, proteins and fiber per calorie. Why eat a twinkie when you can have an apple or even some baby carrots?
Add as many vegetables, fruits, leaves and lean proteins as you can possible do to you daily diet.

4. If it doesn't look like food, then it shouldn't be eaten:



This one should be common sense. Why should we eat things that don't resemble food at all? Soda, Cheetos or ketchup will give you very little nutritional value, fill you up with calories and artificial substances that should not be ingested to begin with.

I hope this help you get back on track, Holly!
Thank you so much for reading and hope the tips were helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment