Sunday, September 23, 2012

Rue Lala - I only have one arm!

There is nothing that makes a fashionista happier than shopping for her designer's favorites at a heavily discounted price. So Rue Lala is the perfect website for that purpose and I have to confess: I quite enjoy flipping through the goodies.
Anyhow, this past Friday they were having a YSL sale and offering a bag that I have had my eye on for quite some time. Needless to say that the bag was $500 cheaper than in stores and free shipping was offered, so I gave my husband the cat's look (the one from Shrek's movie) and he said yes.
Having my ticket to happiness authorized, I hit the button submit one too many times and placed two orders. Oh no! I told myself! Let me call them so I can have one of these cancelled. And that's what I did. So here is how the conversation went:

CS representative: Thank you for calling Rue Lala, my name is ... and I'll be your concierge today.
Me: Hi, my name is Paula Soares-Lavaud and I have just placed an order using my cellphone and hit submit twice. So now I see that I have two orders of the same bag.
CS representative: Oh, let me assist you with that. Can I get your order number?
Me: Sure. Here it is.
CS representative: Yes, I can see there are two orders. Let me go ahead and cancel one of them.
Me: Oh, great! I really only need one coz I only have one arm.
CS representative: Silence...
Me: I mean, I can only carry one bag!!!
CS representative: Silence ...
Me: What I am trying to say is that I only need one!!
CS representative: Ok, you are all set. I cancelled the order ending in 0000 and the other order remains the valid one. Is there anything else that I can do for you today?
Me: (Thinking I already made too much of a fool out of myself so I might as well hang up as quickly as I can) No, that would be it! Thank you so much!

I hung up of the phone after telling the lady I only had one arm! Seriously!! My husband was laughing so hard his face was all red!
So there you have it! Now can't wait for the YSL bag to arrive!
In the meantime, here is a picture of it!

Beautiful, isn't it??

Hope you guys got a good laugh out of this too! Bisous!

No comments:

Post a Comment