Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Alexander Wang chez Balenciaga

It came to me as a surprise that designer Nicolas Ghesquiere would leave Balenciaga after 15 successful years leading the brand. It came to me as a further surprise that the new head designer of this amazing fashion house is the American Alexander Wang.
I am delighted. I am also full of expectations and curiosity to see his first collection for Balenciaga. Will he reach the same level of success of his predecessor? Will he continue on the same aesthetic lines of what we now know as the Balenciaga look? Or will he input his own signature in the collections to come?
Furthermore, will this be his permanent position from now on? Or is this another test drive/ disposable experience by the Spanish Fashion house in search of a designer? I guess time will tell us.


No comments:

Post a Comment