Monday, December 3, 2012

L'Occitane

This past summer I had the opportunity to travel to the South of France for the very first time. I have been to France many times and have lived in the city of Lyon as well, but for some reason I had never been to the famous Cote d'azur.
So this summer I gave my husband and ultimatum, we have to, have to go. So we got a rental car and drove from Lyon all the way to Monaco and back. Since I've heard of the beautiful Provence and of the spectacular Couvent des Minimes (aka the L'Occitane's Hotel and Spa in their home region of Provence), I've decided to book a night and a couple of treatments there.
We drove from Lyon to Mane en Provence and I was in heaven! The hotel is simply amazing, the staff, the facilities and the spa, oh the spa! I had a treatment entirely using L'Occitane products and my husband pampered himself with a massage also using L'Occitane oils.
After the relaxing treatments, chilling by the pool and having an outstanding lunch, we headed to L'Occitane - the factory! I have to confess we did get lost while trying to get there and ended up in this isolated Lavender field (I know, I know, there are worst places to get lost).
We did end up finding the factory and the museum and the factory store. I was mind blown to know that this company started during the 70's with a man that sold soap in one of Provence's local markets (does this sound crazy to anyone else?). Here are some pictures of me enjoying the museum and ultimately the store, which gives you a heavy discount since you are shopping within the region.




Thank you so much for reading and hope you've enjoyed this little travel tip. I do strongly advise anyone that wishes to go to the Cote d'Azur, do take a detour and enjoy this amazing place called Mane en Provence.

No comments:

Post a Comment