Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Cooking with Paula - Figs + Prosciutto

One thing that I love to do in my free time is to cook. I create new recipes from scratch, mix different flavors, colors, French and Brazilian cuisine, and of course I add a little touch of American here an there. I often think about my grandma Carmen while cooking, she was an outstanding cook and left us with a void in our hearts and a massive cooking book when she went to heaven.
So I've decided to share one of my recipes with you, very easy and quick to make and very low in carbs, which is great since I'm back on my Paleo diet.


The ingredients:
- One small basket of figs
- One pack of Italian prosciutto 
- Olive Oil


Start by washing the figs and cut them in halves. Then, heat a pan with a table spoon of olive oil. Add the figs. Cook for about 3 minutes turning the figs often. Place the cooked figs in some paper towel to dry the oil, let it cool down for another 3 minutes.


On a big plate or tray, lay the slices of prosciutto and place one fig in the middle of each slice. Roll the fig inside of the prosciutto slice and use a toothpick to finish. That's it!

You can enjoy this dish with a nice glass of rose wine or champagne. But I've chosen to enjoy it with a nice glass of lemon Italian soda (available at Wholefoods).


As sides I had some very nice dates, muenster cheese and almonds. Mmmmm delish!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment