Monday, August 6, 2012

Travel Guide #1: Saint-Tropez

Located in the Cote D'Azur , Saint-Tropez (or St. Trop for the French) is honestly one of the most beautiful, luxurious, authentic places I have ever been to. The atmosphere is relaxed, beach style but with a touch of French je ne sais quoi that makes this quaint little beach town a favorite during the hot summer days.
Brigitte Bardot once lived here, and I have to confess I felt a little bit like her walking the streets with my big sunnies on.
Now, let's get to business: what to here?

1. When in Saint-Tropez, you gotta eat la tropezienne!
This creamy patisserie consists of two layers of soft cake filled in with cream. Needless to say it's delish! You can find this delicacy in several bakeries in the city, but the best place to go is the famous La Tarte Tropezienne. Just too good to be true!

Here is a picture of us enjoying that delicacy:


Here is a picture of the guys enjoying the tropezienne for the second time and me stuffing my face with a tarte aux fraises:


And here is the vast array of patisseries they carried, isn't it to die for???



2. Have a drink!
After walking for hours and eating all that sugar, we get really thirsty, trust me. Le Papagayo is probably the most traditional bar in the city, it has a lounge style setting with large low chairs and good music.
Why not ordering a bottle of Laurent Perrier? If you don't drink, order a banana juice, I know it sounds weird, but trust me, it's really good! This is where you can find them:

Le Papagayo Saint-Tropez
Résidence du Port  83990 Saint-Tropez, France
04 94 97 07 56

3. Go shopping!
Saint-Tropez is a very luxurious town, all of the major luxury brands have stores there. This is the perfect place for shopping, you will find everything within a walking distance. Another thing I found interesting is that some of the stores are actually beautiful houses with swimming pools and lounge areas for the customer, that is the case with Chanel and Louis Vuitton.


This is a picture of the Chanel house boutique, courtesy of  Haute Design's blog. 


This is us drooling  over Patrizia Pepe's new collection.

4. Get lost in the little streets!
This place is seriously amazing. The little stone streets, the old church, the houses, the luxury boutiques, the views, everything is breathtaking! Just walk around with your friends, or if you are lucky like me, with your loved one. I SERIOUSLY CAN'T WAIT TO COME BACK!



Look I wore:
Top - Hunter Dixon
Shorts - Vintage
Shoes - Fendi
Sunnies - Tiffany & CO

No comments:

Post a Comment