Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Jean Paul Gaultier - The Exhibit

This weekend the magnificent Jean Paul Gaultier exhibit has left San Francisco. After several months in the rainbow city, the end came and of course I went to see it.
I have to confess, I went to see it twice. I love Gaultier, so I felt like I had to dissect every single seam, button, crystal, bead and lace. The first time I went by myself which allowed me to take everything in like a sponge, the second time I went with my lovely students from Visions of La Moda Fashion Studio for Youth which was great for sharing opinions.
As a fashion designer, I could not stop my self from taking pictures for my personal archive. Without further delays, here are some of the high points of the Gaultier exhibit:


Loved the opening definition for the exhibit! Such a statement!


The mermaid on crutches. How more creative can you get?


The boudoir, so daring ... 



This is my favorite look of the entire exhibit, love the whole ensemble and could definitely see myself walking wearing this in Monaco. Charlene, watch out!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment